- Note Paper
- Sleeping Bag (an air mattress, twin size only, is recommended as we will be sleeping on the floor)
- Towels & Wash Cloths
- Soap, Shampoo, Toothpaste/Toothbrush
- Lip Balm
- Hair Dryer/Curling Iron (please get with other members from your church and share dryers/irons- we don’t need to bring twenty of each)
- Plastic bags for dirty clothes
- Small bottle of Insect Repellant
- Small Flashlight
- Only “Christian” music will be allowed. If you bring music players you are solely responsible for them and you are asked not to bring them or cell phones to the work sites.
- Each participant is asked to bring a 3-4″ nylon paint brush.
You will need to pack jeans (you may be working in areas where jeans are needed),shorts, t-shirts, underwear, pajamas, tennis shoes, sandals, socks, swimsuit, sweatshirt or jacket, and work gloves. At most of our work sites, we paint. Please bring clothing that you can paint in. Short shorts and cut-offs are prohibited so please make sure that your shorts are a modest length. No halter tops, midriffs, tank tops, or muscle shirts are allowed. Please make sure that any wording or graphics on your t-shirt does not take away from your witness for Christ. Swimsuits: Ladies swimsuits should be one piece, no two piece swimsuits will be allowed. Every participant is required to wear tennis shoes or work boots on all work sites. No sandals or flip flops will be allowed on the work sites.
Things Not to Bring
Please do not bring bad attitudes, knives guns, tobacco products, large radios, or anything else that is questionable. If you feel the need to ask, just don’t bring it. Please consider taking the challenge of leaving your cell phone and iPod/MP3 player at home. These things can be a distraction from a worshipful experience for you and others.
All food and lodging costs are included in the tuition paid by each participant. Snacks are also provided, however, additional money may be brought for extra snacks and souvenirs.
Students are required to participate in ALL activities. All missionaries will be expected to stay overnight in the assigned sleeping quarters. NO youth missionaries will be allowed to drive a vehicle until 3MT is over and they have checked out. Keys will be checked in upon arrival and returned to you upon check out. Youth may not ride in ANY vehicle, for any reason, that has not been previously approved by 3MT staff. Adult leaders are responsible for the supervision of the youth assigned to their crew. All drivers must be fully insured.